Getting Started at Lancaster Seminary
Congratulations on your acceptance to Lancaster Theological Seminary! Following are some important steps to take as you begin your studies.
January 8, 2014
- New Student Orientation Day: Mark your calendar and plan to attend New Student Orientation Days - Wednesday, January 8. All master's and doctor's students who entered on or after January 1, 2014, are required to participate in Orientation Days.
- Academic Advising: The degree program overview portion of New Student Orientation Day, January 8, will help you to determine what courses you will register for in your first semester of study. Following your 15-minute academic advising appointment with a faculty advisor, you will register for classes and pay your tuition and fees for the semester.
August 25-28, 2014 and September 5 & 6, 2014
- M.Div. students are required to register for and participate in MS101 Ministerial Studies Interpretive Task Intensive and Overnight Retreat from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, August 25-28, 2014, including an overnight retreat September 5 & 6, 2014. Click the link for details and first-day assignment.
- MA(R) students are highly recommended to participate in this course.
Things to do now:
- New Student Biography Survey (complete and submit)
- Become familiar with information about Parking at Lancaster Seminary. If you are taking a class that begins meeting after 5:00 p.m., you will need to have a "Key Fob" to enter the buildings.
Other important information and resources:
Information about the Lancaster area: