Richards Hall Policies and Procedures
Prepared: September 16, 2009
Students are invited to use Richards Hall commuter rooms. To maximize the usage of these rooms with the least disruption to students and other guests, new procedures will be effective for 2009-10. These will also provide better awareness of usage for cleaning by maintenance staff and proper billing of student accounts. These policies and procedures have been developed with input from the SCC and future amendments will be discussed with representatives of the SCC. The following procedures will be in place:
- Rooms may be reserved by contacting the Business Office. Pam Joy is the primary contact and can be reached at (717) 290-8725 or by email.
- Students will be given a key the day they first require a room and must return it when leaving for the week. Alternative arrangements can be made for students unable to come to the Business Office during regular business hours.
- Students will be billed for room usage based on when they have keys.
- Students will not be guaranteed the same room each week.
- Students scheduling a room for three or more nights each week will be given assigned rooms when possible and will be allowed to retain keys.
- Students may opt to pay $300 per month for unlimited shared room usage.
- Students may pay $75 per week for an assigned shared room for usage of three nights per week with additional occasional usage that will be "unmonitored." This would include staying late the final day or extra nights for inclement weather. Regular additional usage will be billed at standard rates.
- Students paying monthly will be given priority during "lock outs" and should rarely need to vacate their rooms. Priority will then be given to students paying weekly, staying three nights, and then those staying two nights.
- Students staying two or less nights per week will not be allowed to leave their personal belongings in the rooms on nights when they are not staying.
- Lockers have been installed by the SCC on the first floor of Richards for student use. Fees for locker usage will be determined jointly by the SCC and LTS and collected by LTS. Fees will be shared by the SCC and LTS. Small lockers will cost $5 per week or $10 per month. Large lockers will cost $10 per week or $20 per month.
- Students staying two or less nights per week will be assigned parking in the Pine Street lot unless Richards Hall parking becomes available and will be assigned based on history of prior usage.
- These rules will be reviewed and updated periodically.
Any comments, concerns, recommendations, or grievances should be addressed to Valerie Calhoun at (717) 290-8713 or by email.