Field Education Supervisor Training Certification
Friday, May 1, 2015 from 9 am to Noon
PROCESS FOR BECOMING A FIELD EDUCATION SUPERVISOR
In order to attend Field Education Supervisor Training you must first be approved by the Coordinator of Field Education, Dr. Elizabeth Soto. If you wish to learn more about training please contact Dr. Soto at 717-290-8757
1. If you are interested in hiring and/or advertising a position, please contact Virginia Whitaker-Brooks at 717-290-8750 or email@example.com
2. If you are interested in supervising a seminarian, please review guidelines on the LTS website at the following link: Field Education Guidelines.
3. After reviewing the guidelines, if your site meets the requirements and is interested in pursuing a supervising relationship with a seminarian, please contact Virginia Whitaker-Brooks at 717-290-8750 or firstname.lastname@example.org to provide your contact information. She will pass on your information to Dr. Elizabeth Soto, Field Ed Coordinator, who will contact you for an interview.
4. Dr. Soto will invite you to the seminary for an interview. The potential supervisor and site must provide a letter of good standing from their institution or judicatory.
5. If all parties feel that the partnership is a good fit, Elizabeth Soto will schedule an on-site visit and meeting with the supervisor and where appropriate, the lay committee chairperson.
6. After the on-site visit, the Field Education Office will determine whether the site and supervisor would be a good fit for the Field Education program and will contact the potential supervisor.
7. Before a seminarian can begin his or her placement at the site, the supervisor must participate in the Field Education Supervisor’s Training provided by LTS.