Thank you for your interest in Lancaster Theological Seminary.
The decision to pursue theological education can be a challenging endeavor with many different factors to consider. Responding to God's call and a desire to pursue theological education involves faith and preparation.
It is our great joy and calling to assist you in throughout your process of inquiry and application to one of our degree or certificate programs.
A vibrant and inclusive community of learning and spiritual formation, Lancaster Theological Seminary values diversity and the integration of intellectual, spiritual, social, and vocational learning.
Our close-knit community provides a rich setting for critical engagement, support, and ministry preparation.
Our outstanding faculty care deeply about ministry and how passionate teaching prepares people for it. Graduates of LTS find rewarding careers as pastors, chaplains, youth ministers, academics, spiritual directors to name a few.
Wherever you find yourself on the journey of exploring God's call and theological education, we welcome the opportunity to speak with you about our programs here at Lancaster Theological Seminary. Click here to request more information. Peace and blessings to you as you continue on your path. Admissions, (717) 290-8741.
In most cases, a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required for admission. A limited number of qualified applicants without Bachelor's degrees may be admitted to the MDiv and Certificate programs.
- Doctor of Ministry - for religious professionals endeavoring to advance their practice of ministry.
- Master of Divinity - designed for those seeking a vocation in ordained ministry or preparation for doctoral studies in religion.
- MDiv/Chaplaincy Combined Program- The accelerated combined MDIV with specialization in Chaplaincy offers highly motivated students the ability to earn the MDiv degree from Lancaster Theological Seminary and complete four units of Clinical Pastoral Education atLancaster General Hospital within three years.
- MDiv/Spiritual Direction Combined- This innovative and collaborative program draws on the rich resources of Christian contemplative tradition to prepare individuals called to the ministry of spiritual direction.
- Master of Arts (Religion) - for lay vocations with concentrations in one or more fields of special interest.
- Certificate in Youth and Young Adult Ministry - for those involved in or exploring youth and young adult ministry to develop practical skills in the field through the study of worship arts, cultural interpretation, leadership systems, and educational arts.
- Unclassified - for people who have earned a baccalaureate degree and are seeking knowledge of a particular subject, or those undecided about pursuing a degree program.
- Special Student Status - for students at an ATS-accredited institution enrolled in a degree program who wish to supplement their studies with a course at LTS or for those who have already earned the MDiv degree but need to take a course for academic credit to satisfy judicatory requirements for standing or ordination