Recipients of the Housing Fellowships will receive the amount credited to their student account as a scholarship for housing expenses. The recipients are financially responsible for all housing costs beyond $6,500. The Housing Fellowship is to be applied only to the rental costs for a one-bedroom, unfurnished apartment on campus in either Nevin Hall or Harner Hall.
Ten Housing Fellowships are awarded each year.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Completion of the application for admission by the MAY 1ST DEADLINE
- First-year Master of Divinity student in the full-time Day program
- Minimum GPA of 3.30
- Excellent writing ability (as assessed by the Admissions Committee)
- Significant involvement in the life of the church and/or other areas of ministry (as assessed by the Admissions Committee)
- Recipients of the Housing Fellowship are strongly encouraged to take courses for a letter grade when possible, and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher each term. For classes not taken for a letter grade, the recipient needs to submit a letter of evaluation/assessment demonstrating excellent academic performance from the faculty member teaching the class.
Eligibility will be assessed at the end of each term. Satisfactory academic progress must be maintained each term in order to be eligible for renewal. Housing Fellowships will be revoked if the criteria are not met during each term of the first academic year.
Housing Fellowships are guaranteed only for the first academic year (for one year only). Housing Fellowship funds may be available and/or modified in subsequent years depending on the availability of Seminary funds.