The Allan S. Meck & Robert V. Moss Awards for Faithfulness in Ministry
The Alumni/ae Council of Lancaster Theological Seminary awards these special honors annually at the Spring Alumni/ae Day to graduates of any denomination.
The Meck Award honors the memory of Allan S. Meck ‘11, president of the Seminary from 1947-57. It is presented for distinguished service in the practice of pastoral ministry,
The Moss Award is named for Robert V. Moss, Jr. ‘45, president of the Seminary from 1957-69. It is presented for distinguished service in the practice of specialized ministry (e.g., chaplain, administrator, educator, judicatory staff, etc.).
The Alumni/ae Council’s Faithfulness in Ministry Committee selects the recipients of these awards from nominations received by Feb. 15.
The Faithfulness in Ministry Committee looks at specific criteria for indications of excellence in ministry, including:
- Fostering the vitality of the ministry;
- Exhibiting excellent pastoral presence;
- Demonstrating creativity in ministry;
- Enlisting and nurturing the gifts of others;
- Relating the Gospel to the commonly-shared experiences in the ministry.
Nominations must contain:
(1) the name and address of the nominee;
(2) the particular setting of ministry of the nominee;
(3) at least a sentence or two indicating how the nominee meets the five criteria listed above;
(4) an indication of how long the nominator has known the nominee and in what capacity;
(5) the name, address and contact information of the person submitting the nomination.
Deadline: Nomination forms must be postmarked no later than Feb. 15 annually.
Nominations should be sent by Feb. 15 by email to: email@example.com or by post to:
Chair, Faithfulness in Ministry Committee
c/o The Development Office
Lancaster Theological Seminary
555 West James Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
The Selection Committee depends on you to pass this information to members of churches and agencies and institutions served by graduates of Lancaster Theological Seminary. You are encouraged to copy, post and distribute this notice to others who may be interested in making nominations.
For more information, contact the Development Office at (717) 290-8738 or firstname.lastname@example.org.