Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Administrative Assistant, Penn Central Conference of the UCC, Harrisburg, PA
Penn Central Conference is seeking a part-time (24-28 hours/week) Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant shall have the ability to multi-task, be resourceful and organized to complete workload in a timely manner. This individual will be professional, efficient and comfortable working as part of a team, possess good computer/technology skills: (Microsoft Office Package – Word, Outlook Express, Excel), the ability to learn the UCC Profile system, perform online calendar maintenance and familiarity with social media. Bookkeeping skills are desirable.
Administrative support to Associate Conference Ministers: (90%)
Provide Administrative Support for Conference Associate Conference Ministers:
1. Provide support for the Ministerial and Congregational Excellence process:
- Maintain updated calendar of ecclesiastical council, ordination, installation and farewell services
- Attend and take minutes at Commission on Ministry meetings (and other meetings, as requested)
- Handle registration for Boundary training and Clergy Leadership training. Print and order materials as needed
- Maintain clergy records in Servant Keeper and Data Hub
- Distribute welcome letters to new clergy
- Assist in coordination of New Beginnings program
2. Provide support for the Congregational Discernment (search and call) process:
- Distribute search and call information as directed by the Associate Conference Ministers or Conference Minister
- Maintain profiles and all search and call documents electronically
- Monitor and maintain ministerial profiles and other search and call materials
- Post current church openings on National and Conference Opportunities webpages
- Arrange neutral pulpits
- Generate call forms and ballots for election of new authorized ministers
- Maintain a Conference supply pastor list of ministers with approved clearances
Other Administrative: (10%)
- Receive all incoming calls and refer them to the appropriate persons, as needed
- Receive all visitors, direct and/or introduce them to other staff as appropriate
- Sort mail, email and faxes: a. Distribute to appropriate staff b. Allocate local church remittance forms and checks, as directed
- Update Master Calendar of events and website calendar
- Schedule meeting rooms through the Pennsylvania Council of Churches office, as requested
- Work collaboratively with the Office Manager to complete other administrative tasks related to Conference meetings and databases (e.g. update Data Hub, schedule ZOOM meetings, Annual Meeting tasks, etc.)
- Order and maintain office supplies The Administrative Assistant shall accept additional responsibilities assigned by the Conference Minister, Associate Conference Ministers, Office Manager and other Conference staff.
Compensation: This is a part-time position 24 – 28 hours per week, $13-15 /hour. No additional benefits.
Applying: Deadline for application is August 1, 2018. Candidates should submit the following:
- A 1-page letter detailing their qualifications with reasons for their interest in this position
- A current curriculum vitae
- Two letters of reference
All information should be submitted to email@example.com by August 1, 2018.
Penn Central Conference of the United Church of Christ does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
Aug 01, 2018