Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: email@example.com. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Associate for Congregational Vitality, Presbytery of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
The Presbytery of Baltimore is seeking someone to take a leading role in implementing and breathing life into the Presbytery of Baltimore's vision and ministry plan; and encourage, challenge and equip existing and new congregations to thrive.
- Ordained PCUSA Teaching or Ruling Elder preferred or qualified member of the PCUSA.
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in successfully working with congregations in transformation, new church development and immigrant community development.
- A sense of enthusiasm and optimism about the possibilities for revitalization, growth and new church development within the Presbytery
- Strong organizational development, group process and leadership development skills.
- Ability to work collegically.
- Strong written, verbal, social media and technological skills.
- Commitment to the mission of the Presbytery of Baltimore and the PCUSA .
- Work with and coach congregations in transition as they work on ministry assessments and strategic plans.
- Analyze and share the latest resources, models, and assessment tools in congregational development and transformation.
- Serve as primary support for the Commission on Thriving Congregations.
- Resource Ministry Groups, both designated and those that are creating and implementing congregational transformation initiatives or new worshipping communities.
- Network with groups and attend programs of the greater Church to gain new insights and approaches for thriving congregations.
- Beginning in 2020, work with Ministry Groups and Commissions to provide Leadership Development opportunities within the Presbytery such as retreats and workshops.
- Serve as primary support for the Commission on Leadership Development.
- Other ministry related duties as assigned.
The Associate for Congregational Vitality is employed by the Presbytery through the Personnel Committee in consultation with the General Presbyter. The Associate reports directly to the General Presbyter.
An annual review of the performance of the Associate will be conducted by the Personnel Committee in consultation with the General Presbyter.
Please submit resume or PIF via email to jtaylor@baltimorepresbytery org.
May 07, 2018