Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: email@example.com. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Associate Pastor for Developing Ministries, Sarah Jane Johnson Memorial UMC, Johnson City, NY
Sarah Jane Johnson Memorial UMC is seeking a part-time Associate Pastor for Developing Ministries.
(May be negotiable)
Ordination in any UMC recognized denomination will be helpful, but not required. It will be advantageous for candidate to have some business skills and experience as well as experience with contemporary worship and its music. Some theological training and background is necessary and theological students are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate for this position needs to be amenable to following the Discipline of the United Methodist Church. Candidates from other denominations or without any declared denomination may wish to pursue United Methodist Candidacy for ministry if not already involved.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Get to know our unchurched community and new neighbors through One-on-Ones
- Build a team to develop and supervise Coffeehouse outreach to BU students
- Build a team to develop and lead new contemporary worship
- Develop new volunteers and leaders from among the above new ministries
- Teach at least one Spiritual growth class per week – Possibly at Binghamton Brewery
- Coordinate social media internship program and ensure its quality and relevance
- Participate as time permits in existing outreach ministries (esp. Tues night events)
- Partner with the Dream Center Coordinator on a variety of outreach ministries
- Leverage existing relationships with Dream Center ministry and community partners
- Working with Sr. Pastor and Dream Center Coordinator to prioritize ministry needs and create working organizational models for each of the selected ministries
- Identify sources and apply for funding to help support each ministry with Development Intern
- Build and strengthen connections between each ministry and the congregation
- Ensure compliance with Safe Sanctuaries policies and procedures
- Possible access to educational loans and grants through the church’s Memorial Education Fund
- Flexible hours and two week’s paid vacation after completion of first year of employment
- Amazing ministry opportunities in a dynamic and redeveloping small city environment
- Opportunity to be mentored by experienced (34 yrs.) UMC Elder and develop ministry skills
- Opportunity to become a part of the Upper NY Annual Conference of the UMC with nearly 900 churches across upstate NY. Upon UMC ordination (if chosen), there is guarantee of appointment until retirement.
- Salary, housing or housing allowance, and other benefits may be negotiated at time of hiring
Sarah Jane Johnson Memorial UMC is in a small, changing urban community with significant poverty. It is also facing change and renewal through the coming Binghamton University Pharmacy and Nursing Schools. This position seeks to create ministries to connect our coming new neighbors with the existing church through development of a new congregation and programs to meet their needs.
This is a 12 month/yr. salaried position (20-30 hrs. per week - negotiable) reporting to the Sr. Pastor.
To apply, contact Rev. Ron Wenzinger at (607) 797-3938 or via emai at firstname.lastname@example.org