Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Chaplain, Brethren Village Retirement Community, Lititz, PA
Brethren Village Retirement Community in Lititz is seeking a part-time Chaplain.
- Master of Divinity, ordained to the Christian ministry
- Board Certified Chaplain preferred
- professes and practices the Christian faith
- knowledgeable and supportive of Brethren values and beliefs, although does not need to be a member of the Church of the Brethren
- prior experience working with or providing ministry to older adults
- ability to work some evening and weekend hours
- personal auto, valid PA driver’s license, personal auto insurance, and a driving record free from serious or excessive violations (in order to drive to local hospitals to visit with hospitalized Residents)
- comfort with initiating conversations with our Residents; a sincere interest in serving an older adult population, including Residents with dementia
- comfort using a computer and online resources
- Helping to foster a strong sense of community by providing spiritual/pastoral care for Residents of all faith traditions, basing our ministry on the teachings of the Christian faith.
- Promoting caring and compassion among Team Members through daily interactions and communications.
- Leading worship services at Brethren Village as needed.
- Visiting Residents and their family members within Brethren Village’s facilities, as well as at local hospitals.
- Officiating during funerals as requested.
- Assisting as needed with administrative functions and day-to-day operations of the department.
Brethren Village has a wonderful opportunity for a part-time Chaplain. The Chaplain works collaboratively with the Director, Pastoral Services and other colleagues to enrich the lives of our Residents, and to help foster a sense of community at Brethren Village.
The Chaplain provides ministry to Residents and their family members, in support of the mission of Brethren Village and the objectives of the Pastoral Services department. The Chaplain will assist the Director, Pastoral Services and the Associate Pastor in leading worship services, leading prayer and Bible study, coordinating and attending fellowship events, visiting and comforting our senior adult Residents and their family members, and providing related services that address or help meet a spiritual need.
Part-time, typically 20 hours per week. Specific work hours and days will vary. Some weekend and evening hours will be required.
How to Apply
Please visit www.bv.org/careers for more details and to apply online. All applications must be submitted through www.bv.org/careers.
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.