Lancaster Seminary New Faculty Position in Preaching & Worship
Lancaster Theological Seminary invites applications for a faculty position in Preaching and Worship to begin in August 2017. This is a three-year term appointment with the possibility for renewal. Rank will be determined by qualifications. The search committee is chaired by Dr. Lee C. Barrett, Mary B. and Henry P. Stager Chair in Theology, and Professor of Systematic Theology at Lancaster Seminary.
- Has demonstrated teaching competency in Preaching and Worship;
- Holds a terminal degree in either Preaching or Worship;
- Has demonstrated experience within African-American or Latinx religious communities;
- Exhibits a commitment to teaching within a diverse community.
Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience, including online education.
As a member of the full-time faculty, the successful candidate will:
- teach 12 credit hours per year;
- oversee the planning and implementation of Seminary chapel services;
- share in the general responsibilities of the faculty including committee assignments and advising students in the masters and doctor of ministry programs.
Deadline for application and references is Thursday, Dec. 15, 2016.
BY EMAIL by Thursday, Dec. 15, please attach the following documents:
(1) a letter that details your qualifications for this position and your reasons for interest in this position and
(2) your current C.V.
Email both attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, Dec. 15.
Ask three references to mail recommendation letters by the Dec. 15 deadline to:
Ms. Carter Farmer
Lancaster Theological Seminary
555 West James Street
Lancaster, PA 17603
Lancaster Theological Seminary, a graduate school affiliated with the United Church of Christ, is known for academic excellence, celebration of differences across Christian faith traditions, and creative engagement on issues of importance to our world. Our mission is to educate and nurture leaders to join in God's redemptive and liberating work so that all creation may flourish.
Lancaster Theological Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, affectional preference, or veteran or citizenship status. Lancaster Seminary acts affirmatively to attain a more balanced representation of under-represented racial and ethnic minorities.
Current OpportunitiesJob Categories: Seminary Opportunities Outside Opportunities View All
- Posted: Oct 03, 2016 The Dean's Office at Lancaster Theological Seminary seeks to fill as soon as possible a full-time position titled: Administrative Assistant to Faculty, Field Education & Continuing Education Departments.
- Posted: Sep 29, 2016 Avon Lake United Church of Christ, a vital and growing congregation located in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio, seeks an associate minister to join its collaborative staff team.
- Posted: Sep 21, 2016 Home Hospice, PRN,and Home Hospice, PT (3 days/week), Day Shift, York County
- Posted: Sep 07, 2016 Our arts-and-justice-oriented LGBTQ-affirming faith community, Wisdom’s Table at St. Peter’s United Church of Christ, is in search of a paid Sunday School teacher.
- Posted: Aug 23, 2016 Lancaster Church of the Brethren, 1601 Sunset Ave., Lancaster, Pa., is looking to hire an Assistant Staff Person for the Crib and Toddler Nursery program.