Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: email@example.com. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Director of Annual Giving & Alumni/ae Relations - Lancaster Seminary
Lancaster Theological Seminary seeks a Director of Annual Giving and Alumni/ae Relations to initiate and nurture philanthropic relationships among friends, alumni/ae, congregations, judicatories and other constituencies for the purpose of obtaining financial contributions that are meaningful to donors and valuable to the Seminary.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a nonprofit environment (higher education experience is a plus) with demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with constituents.
- Experience with effective event planning and execution as well as successful fundraising.
- General knowledge of mainline Christian church ethos and the role of theological education.
- Undergraduate degree required, master’s degree preferable (Master of Divinity in particular).
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Exceptional time-management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to engage, recruit, train, and motivate volunteers;
- Proactive, collegial approach to work in a team environment with enthusiasm and commitment to the vision and mission of the Seminary;
- Self-motivated and flexible;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, detail-oriented, and ability to follow through;
- Dedication to excellent constituent service and to the highest standards of fundraising ethics;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to relate effectively to a variety of people;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing, and in ways that reflect the vision and mission of the Seminary;
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with fundraising software;
- Experience and success with face-to-face solicitations, direct mail, phonathons, and volunteer relations.
The director will engage a portfolio of individual donors and prospects as determined annually. S/he will design, implement, and evaluate an alumni/ae program and church relations program in support of annually determined giving goals. The director works as a member of the Development team to design and successfully execute a range of projects and events with the purpose of elevating the Seminary’s reputation and strengthening relationships with the wider community.
By the deadline of January 30, 2018, email a cover letter, curriculum vitae/resume, and the names and contact information for three references to:
Jan 30, 2018
Lancaster Theological Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, creed, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, affectional preference, or veteran or citizenship status. We act affirmatively to attain a more balanced representation of under-represented racial and ethnic minorities.