Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: email@example.com. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Grants and Program Manager, Partners for Sacred Places, Philadelphia, PA
Partners for Sacred Places seeks candidates for the full time position of Grants and Program Manager. The Manager’s primary duties are to the National Fund for Sacred Places (a grant-making program of Partners in collaboration with the National Trust for Historic Preservation), including management of application and evaluation processes, program communication, and delivery of program services to awardees.The Manager will also provide administrative support to and delivery of services, including direct on-site field work with congregations, for other programs and clients.
- Excellent organizational skills, acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated strength in written and oral communication with colleagues and constituents
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with content management systems and database management
- Experience working with faith communities
- Have a basic understanding of buildings/architecture, of how architects and designers engage with building owners, and/or of historic preservation concepts
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to tackle complex problems with creativity and openness
- Facility in engaging with a varied range of demographic, social, and economic constituencies in both rural and urban settings
- Ability to establish priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility to work independently, as well as a member of a team
- At least 3 years experience in an administrative or management role
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Partners for Sacred Places
- Prior experience in grants management or technical assistance programs preferable
- Willingness to travel
- Partners management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (National Fund)
- Serve as administrator for online grants management software
- Assist the Director in reviewing applications, and prepare documents and reports across the application process
- Assist the Director and other Partners staff with logistical aspects of training and consulting activities related to the National Fund
- Coordinate travel planning, reimbursements, etc. for Fund participants
COMMUNICATION (National Fund)
- Field all general inquiries from prospective applicants regarding the National Fund, and refer inquiries to other Partners programs where appropriate
- Write about the National Fund for Partners publications, website, social media, etc.
- Manage design and branding of National Fund website (fundforsacredplaces.org), print material, etc. in collaboration with other Partners and Trust staff
PROGRAM DELIVERY (National Fund, and other grant-funded programs)
- Provide on-site National Fund orientations and workshop content to program awardees
- Assist with training and other services provided to congregations through grant-funded programs
- Conduct field research related to the maintenance and preservation of historic sacred places as needed
- Conduct economic impact studies of historic sacred places using Partners’ public value and economic halo tools
- Support the organization, logistics planning, and facilitation of project events, meetings, trainings and gatherings
- Write project reports, case studies, and articles as needed
Partners for Sacred Places does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Partners for Sacred Places offers a dynamic and demanding work environment with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Stephanie Kish, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Partners for Sacred Places, founded in 1989, is the only national, non-sectarian, nonprofit organization focused on building the capacity of congregations of historic sacred places to better serve their communities as anchor institutions, nurturing transformation, and shaping vibrant, creative communities. Places of worship play vital roles in their neighborhoods and the broader community. They are significant landmarks, places where people access programs and community services, and a focus of neighborhood physical and social identity.
Partners builds the capability of congregational leadership to enact building care, shared-use partnerships, and capital fundraising through training programs, fundraising assistance, and organizational and facility assessments. With a national presence and offices in Philadelphia, Chicago, and Fort Worth, Partners has served thousands of congregations and other local organizations over the past twenty-five years and represents the needs and concerns of over 100,000 older, community-serving sacred places across America.