Certificate in Anglican Studies
The Certificate in Anglican Studies is offered at Lancaster Seminary as either a stand-alone program or as part of one of our master's degree programs (Master of Divinity or Master of Arts in Ministry & Leadership).
Depending on your schedule, the Certificate can be completed in one year or over a period of up to three years.
Lancaster Theological Seminary and The Dean T. Stevenson Diocesan School for Ministry offer this certificate program at the Seminary as a collaborative venture to prepare students for service in the Episcopal Church. Our Certificate program supports a variety of Episcopal ministries ranging from priesthood and the diaconate to pastoral care, educational and lay ministries.
Some courses are online only. Other courses are offered on the Lancaster Seminary campus during weekdays and on the weekends (Friday evenings and Saturday mornings). Our weekend courses, while held on campus, include a signifcant amount of online work using the Moodle platform.
Certificate requires the completion of 24 credits plus 2 noncredit requirements
- Four 3-credit courses
- Introduction to Theology
- Living Christian Movements
- And one elective: either Making Disciples or Church & Social Change
- Six 2-credit online-only courses
- Anglican Approaches to Ministry
- Anglican Homiletics
- Anglican Prayer Book Studies
- Anglican Liturgical Theology
- Ethics in the Anglican Tradition
- History of the Episcopal Church
- Two noncredit requirements, choices include:
- Racial Justice Institute I or II (through the Seminary)
- Becoming the Beloved Community (through the Stevenson School)
- Safe Guarding God's Children and God's People (through the Stevenson School)
Application requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent
- Letter of permission from your Diocesan Bishop
- Apply here
For information about the courses, application process, and tuition, contact our Admissions Office at (717) 290-8741 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Current OpportunitiesJob Categories: Seminary Opportunities Outside Opportunities View All
- Posted: Feb 14, 2019 We are seeking a fervent Christ-follower who is called to youth ministry and ready to give leadership to a growing youth ministry that includes middle and high school aged youth. We want to see our youth experience and know Jesus, develop a strong foundation in God’s word and become strong in Christ-like character equipped to share his love with others in ways that are relevant to changing society; equipped to be agents of change, transformation and reconciliation in the world.
Youth Ministry, Young Adult & Adult Discipleship Director, Central Presbyterian Church, Chambersburg OtherPosted: Feb 07, 2019 Central Presbyterian Church, Chambersburg PA seeks a candidate to lead our vibrant, mission-oriented, multicultural youth ministry and a new, growing young adult ministry. The position also entails some guidance for adult and young adult discipleship.
- Posted: Feb 06, 2019 Mornings on Orange Street in Lancaster, PA is seeking a program director.
- Posted: Feb 05, 2019 St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Aberdeen, MD is seeking a part-time Director of Student Ministries.
- Posted: Feb 05, 2019 First Presbyterian Church in York, PA is seeking an Interim Director of Youth Ministries.
- Posted: Feb 05, 2019 East Fairview Church of the Brethren, located in Manheim PA, is looking to hire a part time Director of Youth.
- Posted: Feb 05, 2019 Quakertown UMC in Quakertown, PA is seeking a part-time youth minister.
- Posted: Jan 22, 2019 Grace Presbyterian Church in Jenkintown, PA is seeking a part-time Director of Ministry to Children and Families.
- Posted: Jan 22, 2019 First Presbyterian Church of Sunbury, PA is seeking a full-time solo pastor.
- Posted: Jan 18, 2019 Hanover Church of the Brethren in Hanover, PA is seeking a part-time FamilyLife and Youth Pastor.
- Posted: Jan 14, 2019 The ACLU of Pennsylvania (ACLU-PA) is seeking an organizer in Central Pennsylvania to join its Campaign for Smart Justice team.
- Posted: Jan 09, 2019 The First Congregational Church of Canandaigua, New York, UCC is seeking a full-time pastor.
- Posted: Jan 07, 2019 Partners for Sacred Places seeks candidates for the full time position of Grants and Program Manager. The Manager’s primary duties are to the National Fund for Sacred Places (a grant-making program of Partners in collaboration with the National Trust for Historic Preservation), including management of application and evaluation processes, program communication, and delivery of program services to awardees.The Manager will also provide administrative support to and delivery of services, including direct on-site field work with congregations, for other programs and clients.
- Posted: Jan 07, 2019 Cleveland Park Congregational United Church of Christ (CPC) seeks a preaching fellow for July 2019 (June 30-July 28). The fellow will preach and lead worship for five Sunday services and lead two post-service discussion sessions (approximately one hour long) on a theme chosen by the fellow.
- Posted: Jan 07, 2019 Mount Olive Baptist Church in Arlington, VA is seeking a part-time Minister of Youth.
- Posted: Dec 10, 2018 Trinity UCC, located in Elliston, Ohio is seeking a Full Time Pastor to lead a rural, multi-generational church devoted to serving God by serving our community.
- Posted: Nov 28, 2018 St. Matthew Lutheran Church in Lancaster, PA is seeking an organist or pianist.
- Posted: Nov 28, 2018 New Creation United Methodist Church in Lancaster, PA is seeking a Director of Youth Ministries.
- Posted: Nov 19, 2018 The United Church of Christ East Goshen in West Chester, Pennsylvania is looking for a Music Ministry Director.
- Posted: Nov 13, 2018 St. John's UCC in Tylersville, PA is seeking a full or part time pastor.
- Posted: Nov 12, 2018 Columbia United Methodist Church in Columbia, PA is seeking a part-time Director of Worship and Music Ministries.