Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Office Coordinator, Community Mennonite Church of Lancaster, Lancaster, PA
Community Mennonite Church of Lancaster invites applicants for the Office Coordinator position (.75 FTE/30 hours weekly).
- Commitment to the vision and mission of the congregation.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple time and deadline demands, and to be self-directed.
- Ability to collaborate and work with other staff, volunteers, and committees.
- Awareness and respect for matters of confidentiality.
- Proficiency with bookkeeping and accounting practices.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, database usage, social media, email and online calendar platforms, facility with online services like SurveyMonkey, Doodle, etc.
- Ability to maintain a WordPress-based web site
- Ability to provide limited technology support to pastoral
Primary responsibilities include:
- financial management: daily bookkeeping, budget preparation, financial reporting, Treasurer support
- facilities administrative support: facility use scheduling, maintenance and repair coordination, custodial and service liaison
- communication (online and paper): weekly bulletins, email communications, email list management, social media, special programs, annual membership directory, design and branding of communications
- technology support: support computer use for pastoral and other staff, maintain church web site (WordPress or similar), A/V equipment support and maintenance
- receptionist and secretarial support to pastoral staff
CMCL ( https://communitymennonite.org ) is a progressive, welcoming congregation in the city of Lancaster, PA, with weekly attendance of approximately 200. The church interacts with the local city community by hosting a before-school program for neighborhood children (MOOS), hosting art gallery events on Lancaster's First Fridays, and participating with other churches to provide services to residents. CMCL's facilities are heavily used by other community organizations throughout the week.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.