Certificate in Theological Studies
This certificate is designed for part-time study over two to three years or full-time study over one year.
Concentrations are encouraged but not required in one of the following areas:
- Religious Education
- Biblical Studies
- Theology and Church History
- Pastoral Care
- Christian Spirituality
Academic credits earned are transferable into a master’s program at Lancaster Seminary.
The course of study includes completion of eighteen (18) credits, the equivalent of six (6) three-credit courses, including the following:
- 3 credits in Biblical Studies (BI, OT or NT courses)
- 3 credits in Church History
- 3 credits in Theology
- 3 credits in Practical Theology (Religious Education, Pastoral Leadership, Pastoral Theology, Spiritual Development, Worship, Preaching, or Youth Ministry).
- 6 credits of electives to complete the student’s chosen concentration
*Bachelor’s degree or bachelor’s equivalent required for admission.
*Students in the certificate program are not eligible for student loans or scholarship funding.
Current OpportunitiesJob Categories: Seminary Opportunities Outside Opportunities View All
- Posted: Aug 21, 2015 The New York Annual Conference, the regional body of the United Methodist Church, includes about 450 churches. NYAC seeks a part-time coordinator for social concerns, social justice advocacy and education.
- Posted: Aug 11, 2015 The Union Church of Hinsdale, IL, is looking for an energetic and resourceful person to lead all aspects of our congregation’s ministry with youth (ages 12-18). We are an open and progressive United Church of Christ congregation, and are committed to intentional Christian faith development with openness to the contemporary world.
- Posted: Jul 21, 2015 Christ Church UCC in Elizabethtown, PA seeks one or two candidates to lead worship through music.
- Posted: Jul 15, 2015 Christ Congregational Church (UCC) in Silver Spring, MD and Takoma Park Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) in Takoma Park, MD, seek a half-time director of cooperative youth ministry.
- Posted: Jul 06, 2015 WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital Spiritual Care and Education Department in Ephrata, Pennsylvania is planning to expand its current team of Volunteer Chaplains during the upcoming months. Volunteer Chaplains offer spiritual care visits to hospitalized patients at various facilities including the main hospital, the Cancer Center located in the community and while serving as On Call Chaplain during the evening and weekend hours.
- Posted: Jun 29, 2015 The Elkton Presbyterian Church, Elkton, Maryland, seeks a part-time pastoral assistant (to work 19.5 hours/week, 36 Sundays), primarily to minister to our youth and their families.
- Posted: Jun 29, 2015 The Rutgers Protestant Campus Ministries is seeking a full-time Director of Ministry and Service to revitalize our ministry to the students of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. We hope to fill this position as soon as possible.
- Posted: Jun 08, 2015 First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) seeks a part-time interim and/or permanent pastor.
- Posted: Jun 05, 2015 Pennsylvania Interfaith Power & Light (PA IPL) seeks a dynamic individual, committed to lifting up the moral dimensions of climate change, to serve as Executive Director.
- Posted: May 22, 2015 Newport Dove Church, Elm, Pennsylvania, seeks a worship and creative arts director.
- Posted: May 19, 2015 A multigenerational church which encourages theological openness and inclusion is seeking a part-time (12-15 hours/week) music director to support congregational worship by assuming overall responsibility for the music program.
- Posted: May 16, 2015 Little Farms United Church of Christ in River Ridge, Louisiana is a progressive religious protestant church in a conservative area. Our mission is “To be a loving, accepting, ministering Christian family, open to all.”
- Posted: May 04, 2015 State College Presbyterian Church, State College, Pennsylvania, is committed to caring for our children and youth and participating in dynamic mission work. Adding a second full-time Associate Pastor will help us meet these goals.
- Posted: Apr 29, 2015 The Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, Rochester, Minnesota, announces the creation of a new full-time staff position of Director of Faith Formation and Family Engagement. The Church is looking to fill the position immediately.