Certificate in Theological Studies
This certificate is designed for part-time study over two to three years or full-time study over one year.
Concentrations are encouraged but not required in one of the following areas:
- Religious Education
- Biblical Studies
- Theology and Church History
- Pastoral Care
- Christian Spirituality
Academic credits earned are transferable into a master’s program at Lancaster Seminary.
The course of study includes completion of eighteen (18) credits, the equivalent of six (6) three-credit courses, including the following:
- 3 credits in Biblical Studies (BI, OT or NT courses)
- 3 credits in Church History
- 3 credits in Theology
- 3 credits in Practical Theology (Religious Education, Pastoral Leadership, Pastoral Theology, Spiritual Development, Worship, Preaching, or Youth Ministry).
- 6 credits of electives to complete the student’s chosen concentration
*Bachelor’s degree or bachelor’s equivalent required for admission.
*Students in the certificate program are not eligible for student loans or scholarship funding.
Current OpportunitiesJob Categories: Seminary Opportunities Outside Opportunities View All
- Posted: Sep 03, 2015 First Presbyterian Church in York, PA, is seeking a full-time Temporary Pastoral Assistant.
- Posted: Sep 01, 2015 Egypt Community Church is a Bible-believing theologically conservative church serving the Lehigh Valley area. We are located in Egypt, a small town on the outskirts of Allentown, in Whitehall Township, Lehigh County.
- Posted: Aug 21, 2015 The New York Annual Conference, the regional body of the United Methodist Church, includes about 450 churches. NYAC seeks a part-time coordinator for social concerns, social justice advocacy and education.
- Posted: Aug 11, 2015 The Union Church of Hinsdale, IL, is looking for an energetic and resourceful person to lead all aspects of our congregation’s ministry with youth (ages 12-18). We are an open and progressive United Church of Christ congregation, and are committed to intentional Christian faith development with openness to the contemporary world.
- Posted: Jul 21, 2015 Christ Church UCC in Elizabethtown, PA seeks one or two candidates to lead worship through music.
- Posted: Jul 15, 2015 Christ Congregational Church (UCC) in Silver Spring, MD and Takoma Park Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) in Takoma Park, MD, seek a half-time director of cooperative youth ministry.
- Posted: Jul 06, 2015 WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital Spiritual Care and Education Department in Ephrata, Pennsylvania is planning to expand its current team of Volunteer Chaplains during the upcoming months. Volunteer Chaplains offer spiritual care visits to hospitalized patients at various facilities including the main hospital, the Cancer Center located in the community and while serving as On Call Chaplain during the evening and weekend hours.