Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Part-Time Minister of Youth, Mount Olive Baptist Church, Arlington, VA
Mount Olive Baptist Church in Arlington, VA is seeking a part-time Minister of Youth.
- Master of Divinity degree from an Association of Theological Schools of North America (ATS) accredited institution or has earned a Bachelor degree and is currently enrolled in a Master of Divinity degree program at an ATS accredited institution
- Familiarity with and knowledge of the Christian faith and Baptist heritage
- Licensed and/or ordained minister is preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience working with youth in a ministry or other setting
- Must have knowledge of and experience in utilizing social media and technology
- Demonstrated strong information technology (IT) background to include: social media, blogging, distance learning, etc…
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to teach Biblical principles at age-appropriate levels for children/youth up to 18 years of age
- Develop and execute children/youth worship services including children/youth church in conjunction with the Worship and Arts Ministry
- Must be accessible and authentic in caring for our youth
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and planning retreats
- Ground youth in the Christian faith through teaching
- Have strong team building skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relations with youth, parents, ministerial staff, ministry heads, and community
- Be active in reaching new youth and developing relationships with those inside and outside of the Mount Olive church family to make a difference in the lives of young people
- Execute the vision and ministry goals of the congregation; design, develop, implement and oversee comprehensive Christian youth-based Ministry for the church; and implement a varied and wide-ranging ministry with youth including worship, study, fellowship, recreational and service opportunities.
Primary Duties: To plan, direct, and administer a comprehensive youth ministry relevant to today’s youth with a focus on their spiritual, physical, recreational, and social development.
Duties: The Minister of Youth, under the direction of the Pastor, shall:
- Develop a comprehensive, age-appropriate youth program (children/youth up to 18 years of age)
- Manage youth programs to ensure quality ministry
- Provide instruction and teaching in accordance with the Christian faith and Baptist heritage
- Establish and maintain communication with children/youth up to 18 years of age
- Establish and maintain communication with parents
- Provide guidance and advice to youth on the issues and situations they face in today’s world
Level of Responsibility: The Minister of Youth shall work with the Pastor and Assistant Pastor. The Minister of Youth is accountable to the Pastor for facilitating the spiritual growth and development of the children and youth of the church body. The incumbent must possess a high degree of integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Level and Nature of Contacts: The Minister of Youth has contact with the Pastor, Assistant Pastor, the Diaconate Ministry, the Trustee Ministry, Church Board, ministerial and office staffs, ministry heads, church members particularly the children and youth, the community, and local, state, National Baptist, and other ecumenical associations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands of this position include sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, some athletic activities, carrying lightweight books, papers and other items required for ministry activities related to children and youth, etc. are required to perform the duties of this job.
Pay Plan: Budget for position is $45,000
Benefits: A benefit package is not offered with this part-time position.
Submissions: Applicants should forward resumes; and links of sermons or public speaking opportunities to Barrye L. Price at email@example.com not later than February 15, 2019 for consideration.
Mount Olive Baptist Church
1601 South 13th Road
Arlington, VA 22204
Fax (703) 920-5268