Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: email@example.com. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Graniteville, VT
First Presbyterian Church of Graniteville, VT is seeking a pastor.
We need someone:
- To preach biblically-based sermons applicable to our daily lives.
- To love and guide our congregation in its quest to know and love God and to share that love through our community outreach.
- Who is enthusiastic, approachable, positive, compassionate, and patient.
- Who is willing to push our congregation forward on the path God ordains for us, and someone willing to help us figure out what that path is.
The Graniteville Church is predominantly of Scottish descent, and as a congregation, exemplifies many “Scottish” traits. We are frugal, proud, and mince no words. We are primarily an aging congregation with many warm, articulate, and caring, if curmudgeonly, “characters” in our midst. We have a few younger adults with children and a few middle-aged folks. We celebrate all of our church family and recognize all contributions, great and small. We do see the need for increased membership and in attracting more diverse participants. The person that accepts this position will need the skills and diplomacy to work in this type of environment, recognizing the challenges it presents, yet knowing that she/he will be joining a generous and supportive congregation.
The position we offer is a three-quarter time position. Our expectations are that the minister will offer spiritual and worship leadership, provide pastoral care, and lead community outreach efforts.
Spiritual and Worship Leadership:
- Planning and leading Sunday morning worship
- Preaching the sermon
- Providing Sunday church children’s time
- Celebrating communion
- Officiating at baptisms, weddings, and funerals
- Leading bible study groups
- Visitation of the sick, elderly, and homebound members including offering them communion
- Coordinating with church leaders to ensure that congregational needs are being met
- Informing and leading the congregation in dealing with joys, concerns, and life events
Community Outreach Efforts:
- Leading in organizing community outreach efforts; attending such activities as a three-quarter covenant allows
- Contributing to social media outlets such as our web page, Facebook, and a quarterly church newsletter
- Encouraging church membership and teaching new member classes
- Participating in ecumenical outreach with area pastors and faith groups
- Moderating monthly session meetings
- Collaborating with session in the planning and implementation of stewardship, mission, and ministry goals.
- Participating in the Presbytery of Northern New England
For full Ministry Information Form or to apply, please contact Tracy Delude at firstname.lastname@example.org.