Fond Farewell to Dean David Mellott
Dean David M. Mellott will depart Lancaster Theological Seminary in June as he accepts an appointment to become President of Christian Theological Seminary in Indianapolis on July 1, 2019.
Dean Mellott joined Lancaster Seminary 14 years ago in 2005 as Associate Director of Continuing Education. In 2011, he was named the 14th Dean of the Seminary and Vice President of Academic Affairs. He began teaching part-time, and because of his excellent teaching, publishing, and service, he earned the status of full professor.
Lancaster Seminary President Carol E. Lytch describes some of the many contributions Dean Mellott has made to our school:
“Our Dean has contributed to the Seminary in a variety of significant ways. He is known especially for developing a robust program of ministerial and theological formation. He will be remembered for designing with the faculty the two-track Bi-Vocational MDiv Program that gives greater access to students who continue paid employment as they study. He has championed the values of the Seminary, especially our commitments to diversity and inclusivity. He has advanced the strategic goals of the Seminary and, most recently, led the initiative to bring the Pennsylvania Academy for Ministry under our umbrella. He was instrumental in creating a new partnership with the Stevenson School for Ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Central Pennsylvania for Anglican certification.
“Dean Mellott has provided the welcome and orientation for new classes of students and has shepherded our seminarians through their education and formation. His teaching in a variety of subjects such as Formation, Qualitative Research, Worship, and Philosophy will have a lasting impact on many lives in ministry. His leadership in chapel worship has imprinted a love of liturgy, sacraments, and joyful congregational music. He exemplifies the invitation, ‘No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome here.’
“We give thanks to God for the blessing of sharing the journey with Dean David Mellott and send him off with our love and prayers for his future service in Christ’s mission.”
Current OpportunitiesJob Categories: Seminary Opportunities Outside Opportunities View All
- Posted: Mar 21, 2019 Boon Church of OCM in Flushing, NY is seeking a full-time English Pastor.
- Posted: Mar 20, 2019 Jarrettown United Methodist Church in Dresher, PA is seeking a Worship Director.
- Posted: Mar 19, 2019 Oxford Presbyterian Church in Oxford, PA is seeking a Transitional Director of Spiritual Formation.
- Posted: Mar 18, 2019 The First Congregational Church UCC in Ithaca, NY is seeking a part-time Director of Caring Ministries.
- Posted: Mar 14, 2019 The PA Council of Churches is seeking a summer campground chaplain for Raystown Lake near Huntingdon, PA.
- Posted: Mar 11, 2019 First Reformed UCC in Lancaster, PA is seeking a full-time sexton.
- Posted: Feb 28, 2019 The Unitarian Universalist Animal Ministry (UUAM) is seeking an animal and justice advocate to work as a temporary, part-time, remote contractor.
- Posted: Feb 18, 2019 The Lebanon Association of the UCC is seeking a part-time Association Minister for Youth and Outreach.
- Posted: Feb 14, 2019 We are seeking a fervent Christ-follower who is called to youth ministry and ready to give leadership to a growing youth ministry that includes middle and high school aged youth. We want to see our youth experience and know Jesus, develop a strong foundation in God’s word and become strong in Christ-like character equipped to share his love with others in ways that are relevant to changing society; equipped to be agents of change, transformation and reconciliation in the world.
Youth Ministry, Young Adult & Adult Discipleship Director, Central Presbyterian Church, Chambersburg OtherPosted: Feb 07, 2019 Central Presbyterian Church, Chambersburg PA seeks a candidate to lead our vibrant, mission-oriented, multicultural youth ministry and a new, growing young adult ministry. The position also entails some guidance for adult and young adult discipleship.
- Posted: Feb 06, 2019 Mornings on Orange Street in Lancaster, PA is seeking a program director.
- Posted: Feb 05, 2019 St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Aberdeen, MD is seeking a part-time Director of Student Ministries.
- Posted: Feb 05, 2019 First Presbyterian Church in York, PA is seeking an Interim Director of Youth Ministries.
- Posted: Feb 05, 2019 East Fairview Church of the Brethren, located in Manheim PA, is looking to hire a part time Director of Youth.
- Posted: Feb 05, 2019 Quakertown UMC in Quakertown, PA is seeking a part-time youth minister.
- Posted: Jan 22, 2019 Grace Presbyterian Church in Jenkintown, PA is seeking a part-time Director of Ministry to Children and Families.
- Posted: Jan 22, 2019 First Presbyterian Church of Sunbury, PA is seeking a full-time solo pastor.
- Posted: Jan 18, 2019 Hanover Church of the Brethren in Hanover, PA is seeking a part-time FamilyLife and Youth Pastor.
- Posted: Jan 14, 2019 The ACLU of Pennsylvania (ACLU-PA) is seeking an organizer in Central Pennsylvania to join its Campaign for Smart Justice team.
- Posted: Jan 09, 2019 The First Congregational Church of Canandaigua, New York, UCC is seeking a full-time pastor.
- Posted: Jan 07, 2019 Partners for Sacred Places seeks candidates for the full time position of Grants and Program Manager. The Manager’s primary duties are to the National Fund for Sacred Places (a grant-making program of Partners in collaboration with the National Trust for Historic Preservation), including management of application and evaluation processes, program communication, and delivery of program services to awardees.The Manager will also provide administrative support to and delivery of services, including direct on-site field work with congregations, for other programs and clients.
- Posted: Jan 07, 2019 Cleveland Park Congregational United Church of Christ (CPC) seeks a preaching fellow for July 2019 (June 30-July 28). The fellow will preach and lead worship for five Sunday services and lead two post-service discussion sessions (approximately one hour long) on a theme chosen by the fellow.
- Posted: Jan 07, 2019 Mount Olive Baptist Church in Arlington, VA is seeking a part-time Minister of Youth.