Tribute to Vic Wright
Since 1989, Victor Wright, our director of maintenance and housekeeping, has served as an exceptional steward of Lancaster Seminary's buildings and grounds. He has helped to preserve the Seminary's history. He has befriended and offered wise counsel to hundreds of sudents, alumni/ae, faculty and staff. He has always extended a generous welcome to neighbors and visitors.
Vic will retire this summer just shy of his 30th work anniversary, following a devastating stroke that requires him to use a wheelchair.
While he may not be able to fully realize his dream of going fishing every day in retirement, we will send him and his wife Deb off with a "love gift" of donations and written memories as an expression of our heartfelt gratitude for his service to our Seminary community.
We will honor Vic at Fall Convocation on Friday, August 24, 2018, starting at 4:00 p.m. in Santee Chapel. A reception will follow in Mayer Commons.
TO MAKE A GIFT
Click here to make a secure online gift with a credit or debit card for Vic Wright's retirement. 100% of all financial donations will go to Vic. Please note that gifts designated to an individual are not tax deductible.
TO SEND A MESSAGE
Click here to send your personal message to be included in the Book of Memories we are compiling for Vic.
Current OpportunitiesJob Categories: Seminary Opportunities Outside Opportunities View All
- Posted: Jul 13, 2018 Schaff Library at Lancaster Theological Seminary invites applications for a full-time position as Community Engagement Librarian.
- Posted: Jul 02, 2018 St. John's (Hain's) UCC in Wernersville, PA is seeking a Visitation Pastor for 8-10 hours of visitation per week.
- Posted: May 29, 2018 First Presbyterian Church is seeking a full-time Assistant Pastor to lead youth and college ministries, and support the Senior Pastor with pastoral duties, while adhering to First Presbyterian Church’s mission.
- Posted: May 23, 2018 First Presbyterian Church of York is seeking an Interim Director of Christian Education
- Posted: May 23, 2018 First Presbyterian Church of York is looking for a creative, dynamic Interim Director of Youth Ministries. We seek someone who is passionate about their faith and excited to minister to a very diverse group of 6th-12th grade students.
- Posted: May 11, 2018 St Andrew's Lutheran Church, Audubon, PA is seeking a Director of Christian Education.
- Posted: May 07, 2018 Lauver Mennonite Church in Richfield, PA is seeking a full-time lead pastor.
- Posted: May 03, 2018 The United Church of Christ East Goshen, West Chester is in search of a worship leader for its new Saturday 5:30pm service, “Roots and Roofs”. Roots and Roofs is a mission of the UCCEG which offers a different way to worship. We are providing a service which emphasizes new creative methods and church environment which taps all senses in the worship experience.
- Posted: May 03, 2018 The United Church of Christ East Goshen, West Chester is looking for an Outreach/Marketing person to help advertise our new Saturday 5:30pm “Roots and Roofs” service.
- Posted: May 01, 2018 Covenant Presbyterian Church in Frazer, PA is looking for a follower of Jesus Christ who will partner with current staff to lead our congregation in spiritual growth, provide compassionate leadership and faith-based service to Covenant Presbyterian Church's community and outreach programs. Preaching and worship leadership demonstrating strong personal depth and spiritual grounding is highly desired.
- Posted: Apr 20, 2018 First Congregational Church of Ithaca, NY is seeking a full-time Director of Children and Youth Ministries.
- Posted: Apr 18, 2018 Advent Lutheran Church in West Lawn, PA seeks a part-time Director of Digital Communications.
- Posted: Apr 17, 2018 Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, located in Lancaster County, PA is a congregation committed to nurturing faith in children, youth, and adults. We seek an innovative and enthusiastic full-time Director of Music & Worship Arts to lead and enrich our music programs to deepen our worship experience.
- Posted: Apr 12, 2018 The Presbytery of Baltimore is seeking someone to take a leading role in implementing and breathing life into the Presbytery of Baltimore's vision and ministry plan; and encourage, challenge and equip existing and new congregations to thrive.
- Posted: Apr 03, 2018 The Transitional Living Center (TLC), a program of Tabor Community Services, has an opening for part-time Program Reporting Assistant (PRA) position. TLC provides short-term interim housing with supportive services for individuals, couples and families experiencing homelessness as they move toward their goal of obtaining permanent, sustainable housing.
- Posted: Apr 03, 2018 Warren United Church of Warren, VT, is seeking a full-time ordained pastor.
- Posted: Apr 03, 2018 Lancashire Terrace Retirement Village, located in Neffsville, Lancaster County, is seeking a volunteer to provide a Saturday or Sunday church service. This could be either day, and could be offered once a week or every other week or once monthly. This would be held in our Fireside Room, which does have a piano if needed.
- Posted: Mar 28, 2018 Palmyra First UMC is seeking a Children's Ministry Coordinator.
- Posted: Mar 28, 2018 Palmyra First UMC is seeking a nursery attendant for Sunday mornings from 8:45 until 10:15.
- Posted: Mar 15, 2018 Trinity College Preparatory Academy: Jacob DeHoff Learning Center is hiring a full-time STEM Instructor for its Summer STEM Program which begins July 1, 2018, and runs through July 31, 2018. The program is Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. The Summer STEM Program will provide scholarships for twelve (12) students ranging from 8th to 12th grade.
Director of Lifespan Faith Development, Unitarian Universalist Church of Lancaster, Lancaster, PA OtherPosted: Mar 14, 2018 The Unitarian Universalist Church of Lancaster, Pennsylvania (UUCL) seeks a 35 hour a week Director of Lifespan Faith Development (DLFD). UUCL has been a leading voice of liberal religion in Lancaster for over 100 years. Our membership currently stands at 286 and our average Sunday participation by children and youth is 21. UUCL looks to build upon a solid Sunday program that has been part of our congregation for many years. The incoming DLFD will have significant ability to shape and extend our programs, and will be energetic, warm, task-oriented, and love to work with all generations in the UU community.
- Posted: Mar 05, 2018 This position entails two separate but related areas of responsibility: (1) associate pastor at the Harrisburg First Church of the Brethren (“COB”) who reports to the Senior Pastor (60%) and (2) Program Assistant for Brethren Community Ministries (bcmPEACE) which is an affiliate of the COB (40%) and who reports to the Executive Director of bcmPEACE.
- Posted: Jan 31, 2018 Lancaster Theological Seminary seeks a part-time, exempt Admissions Associate to work 18.75 hours per week with weekend and evening commitments and extensive travel required.