Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Temporary Associate Pastor for Children and Youth, Second Presbyterian Church, Carlisle, PA
Second Presbyterian Church in Carlisle, PA is seeking a temporary Associate Pastor for Children and Youth.
25 hours – 30 hours; adjusted based on work demands
Staff Meetings (1.75)
Session Meetings (0.5)
Other Deacon Work, incl. training (1)
Design 1-3 Intergenerational Educational Experiences (1.1)
Youth Ministry Visioning, Supervision, Coordination (6)
Special Worship Design and Leadership --Ash, PW (0.25)
Children's Ministry (6)
- CM Meetings, Vision Casting, encouragement, Support of volunteers
- Monthly family event; Club 45 leadership/lead (1X per month)
- Children's Church; parent/kid contact, VBS
- Face of Children's Ministry with parents and congregation
Communicate what we are trying to do in CM
Recruit, train, thank Nursery Volunteers (0.8)
Nursery Staffing (1)
Schedule Preparation for First Communion, Baptism Training (0.1)
Recruit and Train, Thank SS teachers K-5 (0.25)
Assist 10:30 worship weekly in add to preaching (pastor time, prayers, or both) (1.75)
Youth/Parent Connection (1)
Lenten Spiritual Development Program – Prepare and Lead (1)
Miscellaneous/Flex (e.g. counseling, emergency visitation) (2.5)
Total Hours: 25 (*)
(*) Plus preaching 2x; Plus funerals/weddings; separate honoraria
We are praying for an enthusiastic and well-equipped pastor to lead our ministries for our younger members and their families.
Other Opportunities: Worship design, occasional preaching, teaching
Hours: 20 to 40/week (flexible)
Salary and Benefits: Negotiable
Length of Position: 9 to 18 months; start date after January 1, 2018.
We are a vibrant multi-generational congregation of the PC (USA) helping all ages grow as disciples.
- 650 members; 250 average weekly attendance in 2 services.
- two other pastors and a team of outstanding program and support staff numbering 12 men and women.
- outstanding Sunday morning worship, comprehensive congregational care, exciting hands-on mission opportunities, and strong adult ministries.
- children and youth meet in our newly renovated facility, designed especially with young people in mind.
- college town in South Central Pennsylvania; 3.5 hours or less to Pittsburgh, New York City, Washington D.C.
Experienced pastors, recently graduated M.Divs., and soon-to-be or-dained women and men are encouraged to apply.
Contact Rev. Dr. Jeff Gibelius: Jeff@GrowWithSecond.org
Second Presbyterian Church, 528 Garland Drive, Carlisle, PA