Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: email@example.com. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Transitional Pastor, Oxford Presbyterian Church, Oxford, PA
The Oxford Presbyterian Church in Oxford, PA, in Donegal Presbytery, is looking for a Transitional Pastor for a full-time position.
The successful applicant will be an ordained Presbyterian (PCUSA) Teaching Elder. The preference is for someone with at least three years' experience as a pastor or as an associate pastor.
- Lead the session and congregation in a time of transition
- Perform all duties as Chief of Staff
- Abide by all requirements of the OPC Policy Manual
- Moderate meetings of the session and congregation
- Lead Sunday Worship, possibly including a children's message and other special/seasonal services
- Administer the sacraments of Baptism and the Lord's Supper
- Officiate at Weddings and Funerals of church families
- Oversee the process to ordain and install Ruling Elders and Deacons
- Make hospital and other critical care visitation
- Provide visitation to church members in their homes, hospitals and nursing homes
- Support the church's ongoing Capital Campaign
- Conduct new member and officer training classes when needed
- Work with committees as negotiated
This position likely will be for a period of six-twelve months, while the congregation searches for a new pastor. The transitional pastor would be eligible to apply for the next installed pastor position, upon invitation from the Session. This will be a separate search at a later date.
Compensation will be negotiated from presbytery minimum, which will be $54,155 for 2018, with a housing allowance available. Benefits are negotiable depending upon the situation and mileage reimbursement is included at the standard IRS rate. The contract will be negotiated with the Session, in consultation with the Donegal Presbytery's Connecting our Ministries Commission. The length of the contract will include a 60-day termination notification on either side.
How to Apply
Personal Information Forms (PIFs) should be sent to the Executive Presbyter, the Rev. Dr. Erin S. Cox-Holmes at firstname.lastname@example.org and to the chair of the Transitional Pastor Search Team, Walt Osborne, at email@example.com.
Please feel free to contact either of them with any questions about the position. The Transitional Pastor Search Committee will be in touch with applicants with whom they wish to arrange interviews. The position will be open until it is filled. Those who are interested are encouraged to apply immediately, as the search will be immediately active.
The position will begin March 1, 2018, with the first Sunday in the pulpit on March 4, 2018.