Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: email@example.com. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Worship Director, Memorial UMC, Quarryville, PA
Memorial United Methodist Church in Quarryville, PA is seeking a 3/4 time Worship Director.
- A heartfelt love for worship! A vibrant and growing personal relationship with Jesus, and a personal witness to his transformative grace in your life.
- Comfortable up front in worship leadership that flows: Contexting and inviting people into worship moments, leading in prayer and scripture reading, encouraging congregational engagement, introducing unfamiliar songs as a teaching moment.
- At least one year of experience leading a worship team of vocalists and instrumentalists.
- Preferred: A degree in music - whether that is a music minor or major - or in the process of completing such a degree at a college or university.
Description of Duties
Music Leadership: Ephesians 4:11-13. Develop teams that serve the Lord by serving each other. Planning, preparing, recruiting, encouraging and working toward a vision. Work with the Pastor and relevant leaders to establish a Biblical, spirited, transformational and unified worship ministry year after year. This includes time in prayer and study with the Pastor.
Sundays: Serve as singing leader, Choir director/accompanist, Praise team leader.
- Choir Director – 4-7 hours to lead Choir: Plan, choose music, arrange, keep music library, practice, and lead weekly rehearsal during Sept-May season.
- Praise Team Leader – 6-9 hours to lead Praise Team: Select music, arrange music practice, keep music library, lead weekly rehearsals, and invest in developing musicians, singers, and praise leaders. Ensure band is able to play with excellence.
- Accompanist/Instrumentalist – 6-8 hours: Select/arrange music, keep library, practice.
Oversight & Scheduling –3-4 hours
- Mentoring – Oversee and invest in music leaders (Kids Choir Director, Bell Choir Director, Youth Band Leader).
- Scheduling - Manage scheduling for all musicians: Staff, volunteer, and guest.
- Worship Planner - manage planningcenteronline.com Services – ensuring that materials are available for the teams.
Special Worship Events - Be available for weddings, funerals, and other services such as:
- Advent evening service, Christmas Eve, Lenten evening service, Holy Week evening services, Easter Choir Cantata (Palm Sunday).
- Outreach: Direct involvement with musical aspects of 3 – 4 major outreach efforts each year. Kids Christmas Musical / Night of Music, Vacation Bible School, etc. Smaller occasional efforts like Christmas Caroling.
- Ocean Grove: Assist and accompany annual Ocean Grove Choir Festival group.
Position Summary: Do you thrive on musically creating spaces where people meet the living God, rejoicing when everyone can say there is a musical group where their gifts are valued and developed? Are you "musically bilingual," where you're as comfortable teaching the altos their choir parts on a Rutter requiem as you are helping the drummer get the groove right on Reckless Love? Are you a bridge-builder who loves helping people find the Holy Spirit’s work (and each other) in the fuller depth and breadth of Christian music?
We’re hiring a Worship Director who oversees all music ministries of the church and – alongside the pastor – draws us together toward the future of worship at Memorial UMC. If you can also musically accompany singers and the congregation (piano or organ), then this is a ¾ time position. If not, this is a ½ time position and an accompanist will be hired separately. There is one weekly blended service of worship (Choir, praise team, organ) with a warm-up rehearsal, midweek rehearsals, musical preparation, and mentoring other music leaders.
Interested candidates should go to https://memorial-umc.breezy.hr/p/e3cd30b1ab0b-worship-director to submit their resume, answer initial application questions, and provide three references. Any questions can be addressed to Scott Tanguy, Staff Parish Relations Chairperson - E-mail office@Quarryville.Church.
Responsible to: Pastor. Review and guidance from Staff Parish Relations Team.