Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: email@example.com. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Youth Director - Silver Spring Presbyterian Church, Mechanicsburg PA
Silver Spring Presbyterian Church in Mechanicsburg, Penn., a very active 600-member PCUSA congregation, seeks a Youth Director to work an average of 12 hours per week.
1. An authentic and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
2. Leadership gifts and temperament relevant to this position of ministry
3. Ability to relate positively to youth and parents, maintaining appropriate boundaries
4. Ability to communicate effectively and regularly with HOS and AP
5. A teachable spirit
6. Must obtain Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History report, Child Abuse Clearance, certificate of Mandated Reporter Training and FBI Criminal Background Check.
Our CORE Youth Group (6th – 12th grade) is well-established. It meets on Sunday evenings, along with two terrific parent volunteers. There are a dozen or so youth who regularly participate. This is a paid position that will require an average of 12 hours / week, though that will fluctuate.
1. Model authentic Christian discipleship for youth, parents and others
2. Plan, organize and manage all youth activities
a. Schedule all youth activities for the upcoming year in consultation with HOS and AP
b. Communicate / promote youth events via frequent, timely emails, phone calls and social media. Use and maintain CORE Facebook page and Mailchimp group email communication tool, and provide written material for inclusion in Springboard monthly newsletter and Friday announcements.
c. Lead and Organize Sunday evening CORE Youth Group
d. Teach youth class (8th – 12th) in Sunday Morning Church School rotation
e. Lead 2-3 youth retreats / year
f. Organize and lead youth mission trip(s)
g. Organize and lead other mission / outreach opportunities for youth
3. Assist AP in organizing and leading intergenerational CE activities (e.g. Friends & Family nights)
4. Assist AP in planning and leading Vacation Bible School, including organizing youth helpers
5. Work closely with the Associate Pastor on Youth & Children Ministry
1. Attend designated staff meetings
2. Attend Christian Education Committee meetings
3. Serve as liturgist during Sunday worship services as able / needed