Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: email@example.com. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Youth Pastor / Director, Souderton Mennonite Church, Souderton, PA
Souderton Mennonite Church is seeking a youth pastor to minister to the needs of middle school and high school youth (primarily in the congregation but also to youth in the community), establish relationships that will lead them to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, have an understanding of where they are spiritually, help them develop disciplines that will result in spiritual growth, and help them develop as leaders and develop gifts to serve in every area of the church and in mission.
- A person who has a passionate commitment to Jesus Christ, exemplary in character and calling, energetic and enthusiastic.
- A belief that the scriptures are the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- Self-motivated leader, capable of casting, imparting, and walking out vision for the youth ministry.
- A call to youth ministry from God. One who feels a sense of personal calling and has gifting in the area of youth ministry.
- Training and experience in youth ministry and a desire for further growth and training
- - at least two years of training at a collegiate level (bachelors preferred, MDiv is a plus)
- - at least three years’ experience in youth ministry as a youth pastor or director.
- Commitment to teamwork with staff and volunteers to further the mission of the church and to accept additional responsibilities as needed. Able to motivate, empower others and organize a multifaceted ministry.
- Theologically in agreement with the Mennonite Confession of Faith.
- Familiarity with Anabaptist history, traditions and practices.
- Active, close, and growing relationship with God.
- Devoted to personal time with God and intercessory prayer
- Plan, direct, conduct, evaluate and administer a comprehensive youth ministry relevant to today’s youth taking into consideration the spiritual, intellectual, physical, recreational, social and psychological development of youth. Oversee and coordinate the activities of the youth program (grades 6 through 12) in cooperation with the youth advisors and the youth themselves.
- Direct the teaching programs of the youth department (Middle School and High School) to include but not limited to Sunday school, small groups, youth meetings, mission outreach, service, and discipleship in cooperation with the Pastors, Youth Advisors, and church leaders. Be the primary preacher/teacher for the youth ministry.
- Recruit, train, and assist youth advisors in relational development with youth. Oversee volunteers in each area of youth ministry.
- Relate to youth in the context of loving relationships inspiring and leading youth on their faith journey through teaching, effective program development, providing resources and tools, one on one discipleship, baptism, small group connection, and mentoring. Be a presence in the youth's lives inside and outside of church (attending school and extracurricular events when possible), foster opportunities to grow in the knowledge and grace of the Lord through service to others, be a positive and trusted role model, LISTEN, lead, teach, and guide.
- Foster student and parental involvement.
- Maintain files and background screening for all advisers and volunteers.
- Oversee administrative and organizational needs of the youth ministry. (Maintain/coordinate activity & teaching calendars which includes short & long-term planning.)
- Maintain timely communications with youth, parents, congregation, and conference.
- Attend pastoral staff meetings and lead youth adviser meetings.
- Pray for and provide pastoral care for the youth and parents in times of need. Respond appropriately in crises.
- Attend and participate in youth activities.
- Work with area youth pastors and youth leaders for the good of the youth in the community.
- Assist in worship services as needed. (preaching, worship leading)
- Serve as requested for weddings, funerals, and other special services (this is minimal).
- Faithfully attend church services and church wide activities.
- Lead outreach to youth in the community.
Starting date: May, 2018 (starting time may be flexible earlier or later)
Full-time, salary and benefits are commensurate with MCUSA salary guidelines
The youth pastor will report to the Lead Pastor and be accountable to the Youth Advisors.
To apply: Please send an email describing your call to ministry and why you would be right for this role along with your resume, three reference contacts, copies of child clearances, and a short video (two minutes or less), in which you introduce yourself to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Attn Youth Pastor Search” in the subject line.
Souderton Mennonite Church (SMC) has been a congregation on the corner of Chestnut Street and Wile Avenue for more than 130 years. Founded by members of the Franconia Mennonite Conference in 1879, the leaders and members of SMC are committed to God, their community, and each other in Christian love. We desire to live out the transforming love of God.
Church size : Membership – 480, Associated individuals – 750,
Average Sunday Morning Attendance – 350, Youth number: 60-80
Souderton Mennonite Church
105 West Chestnut Street
Souderton, PA 18964