Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: email@example.com. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Youth Pastor, Salem United Methodist Church, Manheim, Penn.
Salem United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time Youth Pastor who will serve as the primary leader for the Youth Ministries at Salem. The number of hours will depend on the abilities and vision of the selected youth pastor. Excellent starting salary for qualified candidate.
The successful candidate will have a passion for Jesus Christ, a passion for leading youth, and the ability to successfully communicate both. He/she will be vision gifted, initiative and action oriented, and fun. He/she must also be able to effectively connect with young people and their parents. We seek someone young at heart, creative, and open minded. He/she will have a pastoral heart, a teachable spirit, and dynamic leadership skills. He/she will discern that their youth ministry is a call from God, and be fully committed to making a difference. Most importantly, he/she will have the desire to change lives of young people.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- One who is a follower of Christ with a conviction to share Jesus with others.
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism; as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Professional Certification in Youth Ministry in the United Methodist Church is desired.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage, and implement a youth ministry program.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background.
- Clearances and driving ability:
o Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
o Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
o FBI Fingerprint
o Valid PA driver’s license
General Purpose of Position:
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) for students in 6th – 12th grades while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
The Primary Task:
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministry at all levels in the connectional system of the United Methodist Church. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
- love youth where they are
- encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
- provide youth with opportunities for nurture and growth
- challenge youth to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
Function of This Position
At Salem United Methodist Church the position of Youth Pastor is considered a ministry position. It is therefore imperative that the person in this position have a strong Christian commitment and be able to conduct him/herself accordingly. A high degree of confidentiality and professionalism is required; this includes the person’s online presence.
How to apply
To apply, please send the items below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A statement of faith
- A philosophy of ministry statement
Salem UM Church
140 North Penn Street
Manheim, PA 17545