Employers: to submit employment opportunities that you would like us to post here, please email the job descriptions to Matthew Hanna in the Development Office: email@example.com. Job listings will be deleted after 3 months.
Job seekers: to apply for jobs listed here, please follow the instructions in the job description.
Youth Pastor, Souderton Mennonite Church, Souderton, PA
We are seeking a fervent Christ-follower who is called to youth ministry and ready to give leadership to a growing youth ministry that includes middle and high school aged youth. We want to see our youth experience and know Jesus, develop a strong foundation in God’s word and become strong in Christ-like character equipped to share his love with others in ways that are relevant to changing society; equipped to be agents of change, transformation and reconciliation in the world.
- Passionate commitment to Jesus Christ, exemplary in character and calling, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Training and experience in youth ministry.
- Able to teach the Bible in a way that engages youth and helps them grow.
- Able to teach Anabaptist theology and values.
- Devoted to personal time with God and intercessory prayer
- Plan and implement youth ministry relevant to today’s youth.
- Recruit and train youth advisors and volunteers.
- Develop strong relationships with the youth.
- Help youth develop as leaders.
- Outreach to youth outside the church.
- Help organize fun activities and adventures for youth!
- Oversee administrative and organizational needs of the youth ministry.
- Assist in worship services as needed and as gifting applies (preaching, worship leading)
Starting date: Summer of 2019 (flexible)
Full-time or two half-time positions. Salary and benefits EXCEED MCUSA salary guidelines
Ministry Values: Teamwork, interpersonal relationships, meeting youth where they are, sensitive missional engagement, humility, listening, caring, strong emphasis on discipleship and mission, personal relationship with Jesus, fervent prayer, service, involvement and leadership instead of consumerism, the power of the Holy Spirit, energetic, vision oriented, knowing the word of God.
To apply: Please send an email describing your call to ministry and why you feel that you would be right for this role along with your resume and a short video (two minutes or less) in which you introduce yourself to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Attn Youth Pastor Search” in the subject line.
Souderton Mennonite Church (SMC) is a growing and exciting fellowship experiencing the transformational power of Jesus. We desire to sacrificially live out the love of God as we extend God’s mission to our community and world, helping others know God through loving relationships, service, and proclamation. Our average attendance is around 325 with more than 500 involved. Our youth ministries include around 80 middle school and high school youth.